Question.... Would it be ok to use Poppie's to revamp kitchen cabinets?
Beth wrote in on Facebook and asked us "Would it be ok to use Poppie's to revamp kitchen cabinets" ?
The Answer is Yes. Painting your wood cabinets with Poppie's is a wonderful way to give your kitchen a brand new look at a FRACTION of the cost.
Before chalk painting you were limited to stripping down them down to the wood and re-staining them or just using latex or enamel paint. Latex was a disaster, we know because we it did. It would peel right off no matter what we did and nobody wants to strip them for sure. The other option was of course to just replace them at several thousand dollars. By repurposing your existing cabinets by chalk painting with Poppies you will be able to create a custom kitchen that many people just dream about. Chalk Painting with Poppies is a decorators dream come true. You have an endless color palette to choose from, great adhesion and durability and are able to achieve that beautiful time worn look so many people are after.
The procedure to repurpose your cabinets is simple as can be,
1. Clean them with a decent degreaser.
2. Sand the doors lightly (especially where you will touch frequently)
3. We recommend that you mix your Poppie's Paint Powder with flat, or eggshell finish. Paint them until you get the desired finish. Probably will be 2 coats. We like to sand lightly in between coats, but many people do not. Distress as desired.
4. Let them dry overnight
5. Apply 2-3 coats of Wax with 24-48 hours in between coats. If you would like a more durable finish apply a matte poly acrylic.
6. Send us a pic of your kitchen when done.
7. Enter "I Painted it with Poppie's" upcoming upcoming repurposing challenge to win big prizes.
Cabinets Painted by Amy Greene
"Ask Poppie" is a new forum for all Poppie's Folks to get their questions answered on Chalk Painting with Poppie's and general questions about all your repurposing needs.
Please comment and like us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/poppiespaintpowder Paint Your World Pretty With Poppie's!!
Register for Poppie's Free E-Book and Tips and Tricks on Chalk Painting like a Pro
I am the Founder and Creative Entrepreneur of Poppie's. I am a Wife to Poppie, Mother and Artist. I create masterpieces by turning broken into Beautiful through a process I call ReHeirlooming. " It doesn't matter how broken you are, what really matters is how you put the pieces back together" .