French Furniture for bedrooms will never go out of style and the good news is, there is still tons of the old French Provincial available to repurpose. This lovely Delphine Collection by The French Bedroom Company is the look that so many of us desire to achieve. I know because I just bought the paint to do my own king size headboard in this style too. Achieving this look is really much simpler then you could imagine.
1. Start off with a nice warm white like this Valspar Swiss Coffee in a flat finish. If you are doing several pieces I recommend purchasing a quart of the paint.If you are buying a sample because you are only doing a small piece like a chair or side table, don't worry if it is only available in satin. When you mix your paint with Poppie's Paint Powder, it will be flat.
2. Get your Poppie's Paint Powder and follow the directions on the package. We also highly recommend that you watch our video on how to mix it up and make your custom colored chalk paint.
3. Prep your piece by wiping it down and sanding any rough spots until you get the finish you desire. (Sanding is not necessary)
4. after mixing your paint and your Poppie's apply a coat of paint all over the entire piece. After it is dry then you can make the decision if you would like to apply a second coat. This will be determined by the style of finish you are trying to achieve. I personally would apply a second coat for the finish on the Delphine collection.
5. I would sand the top lightly with a 250-500 grit sandpaper in between coats.
6. When you are satisfied with the coverage let your piece dry thoroughly prior to distressing. I would start with a 100 grit around the drawers then moving to finer grits and feature in the sanding to create that authentic ages look. You will note that this collection is fairly heavily distressed around the edges and drawers in areas that would naturally wear with age.
Sealing Your Piece
The last steps to create this incredible high style look will be to seal your pieces. This collection has a brown antiqued look and you will be able to achieve this designer look by applying a dark wax. There are several available on the market today. I like to apply my wax to pieces that have nooks and cranies with brushes that I keep just for waxing. After applying the wax and letting it sit for a few minutes to seep in the paint, you'll need a soft rag or a wool wash mitt to buff it to a lovely sheen. I love using the mitts personally.
For MOre Waxing Tips Watch Poppie
If you follow these basic steps you should be able to create designer furniture just like this Delphine Collection with ease.
Love and God Bless, Nancy
Please comment and like us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/poppiespaintpowder Paint Your World Pretty With Poppie's!!
Register for Poppie's Free E-Book and Tips and Tricks on Chalk Painting like a Pro
I am the Founder and Creative Entrepreneur of Poppie's. I am a Wife to Poppie, Mother and Artist. I create masterpieces by turning broken into Beautiful through a process I call ReHeirlooming. " It doesn't matter how broken you are, what really matters is how you put the pieces back together" .