Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Poppie’s Paint Powder?
Poppie’s is an additive that you can put into ANY Paint to create Chalk Paint. Any Paint, Any Color!
- Is Poppie’s more expensive to use then ready made chalk paint?
Poppie’s is extremely economical versus boutique ready-made paints. Many of our clients use wall paint they already have, purchase oops paints and even use craft acrylic paints.
- Is Poppie’s safe around my children?
100% All Natural; Poppie’s is made from minerals from the earth.
- How does using Poppie’s help the environment?
Using Poppie’s helps to keep billions of pounds of discarded furniture out of landfills each year.
- Do I have to mix up a whole quart?
No! You can mix as little or as much as you need. Small batches = no waste. You have never committed to a quart color again.
- Will Poppie’s clump up like the plaster of paris or other DIY recipes I have used before?
No! Poppies will mix easily and smoothly every single time.
- What is the shelf life of Poppie’s once it’s mixed?
We have now had batches that we have had on our personal shelf for over 4 years now.
- What surfaces can I use Poppie’s on?
Poppies will adhere to wood, glass, laminate, metal, clay, fabric, and rock.
- Do I need to Strip, Prime and Sand during prep?
Most pieces can be painted without prior stripping, sanding or priming* if using a high-quality paint
- How many coats does Poppie’s take?
Poppie’s offers you Superior Coverage for just about any surface in 1- 3 coats according to the style you are trying to achieve, usually with no primer.
- Will Poppie’s wear off with time?
Your painted finish will be extremely Durable, and long lasting when properly sealed with a wax or polyacrylic.
- What type of paint can I use to mix Poppie’s with?
Poppie’s is very Versatile; you can mix it with any latex or acrylic paint – the possibilities are endless.
- Is it easy to distress when I use Poppie’s?
Your pieces will sand with ease when distressing.
- Is Poppie’s quick drying?
Yes, very quick. Your first coat is dry in no more than 15-20 minutes. This may vary according to temperature.
- Will I have to use all the Poppie’s I mix up right away?
Oh, Heck NO!! You can store what you have mixed for later use totally unlike DIY recipes. We have had batches that have been shelf stable for 3 years.
- Can I use Poppie’s to repaint my kitchen cabinets?
Absolutely! Check out this awesome blog post!
*It is recommended that all painting and waxing be done in a well-ventilated area and with a mask.
** Every piece of furniture is different. We recommend a coat of primer if your furniture has an oil-based enamel, or has been painted several times. Please use discretion when deciding if the project you are working on needs sanding and priming. If there are sharp edges protruding it is recommended that you sand these off always. We don’t recommend paint and primer combos for the nicest finish.
Have A Question? Ask Poppie!