Sometimes we just have to work with what we have! This was truly the hardest piece we ever repurposed. Sometimes these old finishes no matter how great of shape the piece is in are just a bugger to work with. Then to top it off half way through we realized the oops paint I picked up was ceiling paint. Big No NO! The additives in ceiling paint are different and it is very thin. Since the stain was flashing through we decided to play around with what we had and made a wax glaze of sorts. We took dark wax cheese clothes, (Another mess-up that we revived) and soaked them in a liquid butcher block wax and went to town covering the cabinet with the glaze. We rubbed some on by hand and painted it on in tight areas. I don’t have a really good pic of the final outcome,because we were scampering to get it to market the next day, but we were pleased with it anyway.
3/26/2015 for Pics