Five Secret Tips To Get You An Endless Stream Of Furniture Inventory
HELP! THE FURNITURE PICKINS ARE TOO SLIM AND EXPENSIVE!
I hear repeatedly these days and have noticed myself when looking for pieces to ReHeirloom, that the prices are so high. Geez, I think everybody on Craigslist is an antique dealer these days. People are telling me “I can’t afford to go into business because every used piece of furniture is $250.00”.
After being in this business for a couple decades now here are some of my secrets to finding great pieces when it seems like the well is drying up.
1. Large resellers usually have a stash of pieces that are broken that they aren’t going to put out in their showrooms and don’t have the time to fix them up, would be happy to sell them to you for the price you are looking to pay for them.
2. Contact estate sale companies and ask them if you can come in a buy the stuff that’s left over after a sale.
3. When you are out and about shopping in antique malls keep your eye open for people who are offering deep deep discounts. This usually means they are pulling out of the booth. If they are “going out of business” its also a very good indicator that they are getting out of the business. Believe me, I would bet they have several storage units or at least a garage full of stuff you would love to have.
Ask whoever is at the desk if they would help you get in contact with that vendor because you are interested in purchasing their inventory, If the person you are talking to is the owner of the mall, they would be thrilled to connect you guys because they want to get the space filled by a new vendor with new stuff asap. A booth that looks picked over and un-kept is a distractor, not a draw for the business in general.
4. Keep your ear open for repurposing friends who are also getting out of the biz. They will give you the stuff they have, to clear their garage out gladly. Especially if it’s the type of situation where one of the partners doesn’t think the biz is as cool as we know it is.
5. And last but not least, NEVER rule out picking from family and friends garages!! You are doing them a serious favor by taking their “JUNK” away!
I hope these tips help you to acquire an endless stream of furniture to repurpose on a regular basis.
Gave it as a gift and the recipient was very pleased!
Such an awesome business! Love this idea too. I’m a busy DIYer so I always live products that make my chalk painting easier!
Megan Marie Mick
“I Got my sample and I loved it! Really great… I attached a pic of the finished piece. Thanks, I will definitely use again”
I have used Annie Sloan for years but I gave Poppie’s a try and I will never use anything else! I can use any color or paint I want!
Went to a chalk painting class with a girlfriend and this stuff is amazing.
Poppie’s is my new favorite! It mixed well, covered amazing and I used half the amount!
Old To New Creations
I received a sample to try. I have to admit I was skeptical at first but after using my sample, I was quite impressed. I will definitely continue to use.
I love using this product! I can choose any color and it’s so simple to use.❤️