Use GILDERS® paste wax On:
- Metal – Wrought Iron, Steel, Aluminum, Alloys etc…
- Wood – Moldings, Railings, Furniture, Guilding Restoration, Picture Frames, Miter Joints etc…
- Ceramics – Planters, Terra Cotta etc…Resin – Castings, Plastic etc…
- Wax – Candles etc…
Apply GILDERS® paste wax :
- With a finger, sponge, toothbrush, paintbrush or cloth in a rubbing motion or use other creative mediums to produce a unique finish.
- Layered on top of one another or mixed to create different finishes or an endless color palette.
- Thin out with paint thinner to transform the highly concentrated GILDERS™ paste wax for brushing, sponging, staining, washing or spray painting.
- Drying time varies depending on substrate and surface preparation, approximately 60 minutes to the touch on dry debris-free surfaces and 12 hours for complete cure time. If polishing or burnishing is required to allow 12 hours drying time.
- Polishing the metallic GILDERS® paste wax with a soft cloth will produce a gilded finish substituting gold, silver, bronze leaf; nonmetallic pastes will be shiny. If left unpolished the finish will be semi-gloss or matte depending on the color.
A little GILDERS® paste wax goes a long way:
- 1 oz (30 ml by volume) container covers over 30 square feet
WHAT MAKES GILDERS® PASTE WAX DIFFERENT?
When we think of what we expect from art supply products, one word comes to mind: versatility. With its concentrated artesian pigments and a special blend of waxes, GILDERS® paste wax has optimal tint retention, opacity, and coverage; you can apply it on many surfaces and materials such as metal, wood, polymer clay, engravings, gourds, and more. With such a variety of colors and the ability to mix into an endless color palette, GILDERS® paste wax is an ideal solution to aid in your finishing needs.
Here are some of the reasons GILDERS® paste wax stands apart from other products on the market:
- Long shelf life
- Ability to soften and rejuvenate again and again with no waste
- No need to warm up to reconstitute
- Ability to apply at room temperature
- Concentrated formulation ensures that a little goes a long way
- Ability to mix with one another to produce an endless color palette
- Colorfast artesian pigments
- Ability to extend with thinner into a cream, paint, stain, or wash
- Firm wax for dry brushing techniques
- No dripping, no splatters, and no runs
- Ability to put the unused product back in the container for another day
- Easy to wash off with warm water and soap
- Real metallic pigments