Beth wrote in on Facebook and asked us “Would it be ok to use Poppie’s to revamp kitchen cabinets”?
The Answer is Yes. Painting your wood cabinets with Poppie’s is a wonderful way to give your kitchen a brand new look at a FRACTION of the cost.
The procedure to repurpose your cabinets is simple as can be:
1. Clean them with a decent degreaser.
2. Depending on the material; Sand the doors lightly (especially where you will touch frequently)
3. We recommend that you mix your Poppie’s Paint Powder with a flat, or eggshell finish. Paint them until you get the desired finish. Probably will be 2 coats. We like to sand lightly in between coats, but many people do not. Distress as desired.
4. Let them dry overnight
5. Apply 2-3 coats of Wax with 24-48 hours in between coats. If you would like a more durable finish to apply a water-based matte polyacrylic.
6. Send us a pic of your kitchen when done.
Before chalk painting, you were limited to stripping down them down to the wood and re-staining them or just using latex or enamel paint. A latex paint was a disaster, we know because we did it.
It would peel right off no matter what we did and nobody wants to strip them for sure. The other option was, of course, to just replace them at several thousand dollars.
By repurposing your existing cabinets by chalk painting with Poppies you will be able to create a custom kitchen that many people just dream about. Chalk Painting with Poppies is a decorators dream come true. You have an endless color palette to choose from, great adhesion and durability and are able to achieve that beautiful time worn look so many people are after.
Gave it as a gift and the recipient was very pleased!
Such an awesome business! Love this idea too. I’m a busy DIYer so I always live products that make my chalk painting easier!
Megan Marie Mick
“I Got my sample and I loved it! Really great… I attached a pic of the finished piece. Thanks, I will definitely use again”
I have used Annie Sloan for years but I gave Poppie’s a try and I will never use anything else! I can use any color or paint I want!
Went to a chalk painting class with a girlfriend and this stuff is amazing.
Poppie’s is my new favorite! It mixed well, covered amazing and I used half the amount!
Old To New Creations
I received a sample to try. I have to admit I was skeptical at first but after using my sample, I was quite impressed. I will definitely continue to use.
I love using this product! I can choose any color and it’s so simple to use.❤️